- Registrations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- You must register in a course before the start of the second class or before 15% of the course hours have passed, or you must obtain the permission of the department. Teachers are not responsible for repeating course content covered in missed classes.
- Course cancellations/changes may occur.
- Not every course is offered every semester.
- For debit card payments, you must register in person.
How to Register
PAYMENT OPTIONS: cheque • credit card (American Express/Discover/MasterCard/Visa) • debit card • money order
- Browse the Distance Education website to find the course(s) you want. From the course web page, obtain the course code, review the class section offerings, and note the course reference number (CRN) and start/end dates of the schedule you want. You can use the Student Service Centre computers on campus to obtain the required information. (Note: If the registration period for a course has passed, the status of the class section will be listed as "CRNis Closed". If the class section is full, its status will be listed as "CRN is Full". (A wait list may be available.)
- Go to a Student Service Centre. (You can register in person at any campus; you do not have to register at the campus where your course is offered.) If you have not already downloaded and printed a Registration PDF form to bring with you, pick up a copy of the form. Write in the course/class section details and personal information requested (making sure to use your full legal name). It is important that you provide your home and business telephone numbers and an email address to facilitate our contact with you.
- Submit your registration form to a Student Service Centre representative. If you are paying by cheque or money order (made payable to George Brown College), write your full legal name, daytime phone number and student ID number (if you have one) on the front of the cheque/money order. The college does not accept post-dated cheques. Personal cheques returned by your bank for non-sufficient funds (NSF) or other reasons beyond the control of the college are subject to an administrative fee.
- You will receive a registration confirmation and a receipt of payment.
PAYMENT OPTIONS: credit card (American Express/Discover/MasterCard/Visa) • Visa Debit
- Find the course(s) you want on the Distance Education website. Review the class section offerings and choose the course reference number (CRN) with the schedule you want by selecting the "Register Now" link. If the registration period for a course has passed, the status of the class section will be listed as "CRN is Closed". If the class section is full, its status will be listed as "CRN is Full". (A wait list may be available.)
- Review the Course Selection(s) information.
- If you wish to add any additional courses to your registration cart, select the "Close Window and Search Courses" link to continue with your course selection. Additional courses will appear in your cart each time you use the "Register Now" link.
- If you wish to remove any courses from your cart, select the "Remove" or "Remove All Courses" link.
- Confirm that you understand and accept the policy information.
- Provide the personal information requested (making sure to use your full legal name). It is important that you provide your home and business telephone numbers and an email address to facilitate our contact with you and to ensure you receive the email with your registration confirmation.
- Confirm your information, and submit your registration.
- Enter your credit card information.
- View the confirmation screen, and print it for your records.
- If you register in person, you will receive a registration confirmation at the time of registration.
- If you register online, you will be able to view a registration confirmation, which you can print. You will also be sent a registration confirmation to the email address you provided.
- Keep your registration confirmation in a safe place. Duplicate confirmations will not be issued.
- Make sure that you are officially registered in your course(s) by confirming with the teacher at the first class that your name is on the class list.
- A wait list may be available if a class section is full. No payment is required to join a wait list.
- If you are trying to register online, you will know a class section is full but offers a wait list because its status will appear as a "Join Wait List" link. You must select this link and provide the required information – including an email address – in order to be placed on the wait list.
- If a seat in the class section becomes available, those on the wait list are contacted by email on a first-come, first-served basis until the seat is filled.
- A class section's wait list remains in place until 24 hours before the start of the first class, at which point its wait list is no longer in effect. If a seat becomes available during that 24-hour period, it will become available to the public on a first-come, first-served basis. If you were on a wait list prior to that 24-hour period but were not able to secure a seat, check the web page for that course on a regular basis during that 24-hour period. (You can get to a course web page quickly by adding the course code to the end of our website URL – for example, coned.georgebrown.ca/COMM1008.) If a seat becomes available, the status of the class section will change from "CRN is Full" to a "Register Now" link. Select the "Register Now" link to secure a seat.
- Course fees will not be pro-rated if you join a class after it has started.